Monday, November 29, 2010

Winter Village II - progression

I'd always wanted to show the progress on a paining because I'm always so intimidated at the beginning by starting with a blank canvas. Then all of a sudden it's the end and I'm relieved and I forget all about the fun I had inbetween! So I think tracking my progress will help me in the future gain a little patience at the start.


I started with white and blue streaks all down the canvas and then I charcoaled in the outline of the houses and then blocked in color which will be the opposite hue of the final colors.
Here I'm adding the rooftops.

After blocking in the opposite color on the houses, I'm now adding all the windows and their details.

After covering all the houses with snow, I'm adding in the trees, the little people sledding and skiing and the snowman. Finally I add the most important detail that I forgot on the original Winter Village - Snow Splatter! In fact I was splattering so much that I got snow all over the frame that was hanging out to the right of the paining. I decided to leave it on the frame and pretend I intended it all along.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Lindsay. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your progress. Great idea to track it.

    ReplyDelete